Donkeys need their hooves to be trimmed just like a horse.
In the wild the donkey is walking up to 25 to 35 miles a day. On our farm the donkey is most likely not moving this much. A trimmer who is skilled in donkeys hooves is imperative to your domesticated donkeys health. It is best to keep your donkey(s) on a regular trimming schedule.
Select Donkey Whisperer Farm
Donkeys need the following:
- Clean water
- A dry paddock for most of their day.
- Lose clean salt in the shelter
- Hay to be tested to come in below 10% sugar.
- Never feed alfalfa, hay clippings or people foods, breads, cookies etc.,
- Never leave your desert equine the donkey on grass or brush, trees all day. They will get sick and have health problems.
- Fecal samples to test for parasites. No parasites no need to worm. Over worming has caused resistant free parasites in our donkey, mule and horse world. This is expensive to fix. Just like taking too many antibiotics in the human world over worming destroys the immune system and causes resistant free parasites.
- A vet check for dental and health at least once a year.
- Trimmer on a regular basis six weeks in the spring and summer and 7 in the fall and winter living in the Pacific Northwest.
GOD Bless You And Your Family Two And Four-Legged!