One of our two rescue kitties (black Purcilla) manx mix died two weeks ago of kidney failure she was only eight years old. We adopted two feral kitties from PAWS in 2008.
Our Anatolian puppy sat down next to her barked once to alert me something was wrong. She went into shock and then the vet had to put her to sleep. This all happened so fast. Rest in peace sweet Purcilla you had the best life we could give you.
This kitty could not go to the vet ever. She was a feral rescue and refused to be touched or held.
Lessons learned from rescuing feral kitties?
- These cats will not adapt to humans in a way to enjoy being held and loved.
- They will show you they appreciate your home and love.
- Feral kitties will learn house rules and are smart.
- Not all feral kitties should live outside. Our kitties lived indoors 100% of the time and were happy.
- A feral cat is a cat who has either never had any contact with humans or her contact with humans has diminished over time. She is fearful of people and survives on her own outdoors. A feral cat is not likely to ever become a lap cat or enjoy living indoors.
- Kittens born to feral cats can be socialized at an early age and adopted into homes. Maybe!
Select Cat Kidney Failure
Rest in Peace Sweet Purcilla! Purcilla died three weeks ago it has taken me this long to talk about it on my blog. She was a feral rescue meaning she never really liked people. She loved us we know for sure, she loved our dogs too. Our kitties were indoor only kitties.
Select Foods We Should Never Feed Our Cat no ham products either.
Select Stray or Feral Cats
Here is her sister Jasmine. She is doing good but misses her sister. She sleeps with our dogs. Did you know cats can have different dads?
I have learned cats act like donkeys. Cat’s are stoic just like the donkey and will not show sickness or pain until it is too late. Purcilla was playing the night before with her toys. Rest in peace sweet Purcilla.
GOD Bless You And Your Family Two And Four-Legged!
2 thoughts on “Kidney Failure In Cats”
I’m so sorry for the loss of your sweet kitty. We have a rescue cat that is almost 20 years old now, but we got him when he was a kitten. Ever since we got him he has refused to go back outside, so he’s been in the house for 20 years.
You must log in to post a comment.