Donkeys need their hooves to be trimmed just like a horse.
In the wild the donkey is walking up to 25 to 35 miles a day. On our farm the donkey is most likely not moving this much. A trimmer who is skilled in donkeys hooves is imperative to your domesticated donkeys health. It is best to keep your donkey(s) on a regular trimming schedule.
Select Donkey Whisperer Farm
Donkeys need the following:
- Clean water
- A dry paddock for most of their day.
- Lose clean salt in the shelter
- Hay to be tested to come in below 10% sugar.
- Never feed alfalfa, hay clippings or people foods, breads, cookies etc.,
- Never leave your desert equine the donkey on grass or brush, trees all day. They will get sick and have health problems.
- Fecal samples to test for parasites. No parasites no need to worm. Over worming has caused resistant free parasites in our donkey, mule and horse world. This is expensive to fix. Just like taking too many antibiotics in the human world over worming destroys the immune system and causes resistant free parasites.
- A vet check for dental and health at least once a year.
- Trimmer on a regular basis six weeks in the spring and summer and 7 in the fall and winter living in the Pacific Northwest.
GOD Bless You And Your Family Two And Four-Legged!
Friends of the Donkey Whisperer Farm, LLC
Apple Season has arrived! As great as they may be for humans this is not great for the domesticated Donkey, Mule or Horse. In fact this may cause DEATH from Colic and/or a huge amount of stress, tears, vet cost or even burying the beloved equine (Donkey, horse or mule).
Never feed grass clippings or bread to your horse, donkey or mule. PLEASE NEVER FEED ANOTHER ANY ANIMAL THAT IS NOT YOUR ANIMAL. Some animals have a form of insulin resistance, most must have a slow change of diet or they can founder, hoof rots out abscess or colic or worse die.
Select grass clipping
Donkeys, Horses and Mules get Sick, belly aches and gas from eating too many apples! Eating too much human food can increase their risk for colic.
Select Apples and Pears
Source: Apples and Pears
God Bless You And Your Family Two And Four-Legged!
Select OUR STORE
Kingston, Washington is cold, twenties at night for at least one week
and low thirties during the day. Wind chill brings us into the teens.
Rocket Man has lost weight due to the slow feeder, he got a new blanket
Mr. Rio is sporting his winter blanket
Miss Lily says “enough of the darn photo shoot I am hungry”
Why are all of their eyes white?
Photo was taken last night.
Select How can I measure my donkey, horse or mule for a correct blanket fit?
GOD bless you and your family two and four-legged!
Draft new web page – http://donkeywhispererfarm.com/home/